Friday, July 18, 2008

Vampire Books

It seems that there is a resurgence of vampire books...with the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I have read all three and I LOVED them. As I said before I am torn...I like Edward but I really like Jacob for Bella. Anyway, I will be among those at midnight waiting for book 4's release!

But there are so many popping up...Vampire Academy, Vampire Diaries, Vampire Kisses...mostly for teens. For the adults there is Charlaine Harris the author of the Southern Vampire Mysteries, Laurell K Hamilton with her vampire huntress...and of course the queen of all vampire novels, Anne Rice.

What is our fascination with vampires...or the undead? I know for me the passion started when I was a teen...and with movies like THE LOST BOYS and ONCE BITTEN (I know I am admitting I saw this one, but hey, I was young). And continued with the TV series KINDRED...movies like VAN HELSING, UNDERWORLD, BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA, INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE...I still love reading a good vampire novel...whether series or otherwise. Have you read something that is good? Let me know. I am always looking for something to read. I tend to measure all vampire novels to Anne Rice. I did enjoy Stephenie Meyer...but it was designed for a teen audience, and it did hook me. I also enjoyed Salem's Lot.

Any recommendations?

No comments: