Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reading lots of things at the same time

So...I am listening to KILLER DREAMS by Iris Johansen, reading DEXTER IN THE DARK by Jeff Lindsay, I just finished LOVE IS A MANY TROUSERED THING by Louise Rennison, and I also started HITLER's NIECE by Ron Hansen...does anyone else read multiples? Sometimes I do it because I need to have different books for different activities, sometimes I get bored with what I am reading and need something else to help me get through. If I read a book I really like at the same time I read a book I am struggling to get through it helps me finish. Also, sometimes I put books off. I will be flying soon and I think I will be re-reading TWILIGHT on the way there and I want to find another book to read on the way back. Often people ask me how I keep the plots and characters straight, because the books are different, usually different genres, that helps me get it straight! Also I usually carry one around with me for lines, waiting for things, lunches, etc and then I have one in the bedroom, and sometimes one in the bathroom...depending on what I am reading and what I want to get through. Does anyone else read more than one thing at once?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I do the same thing! Usually only two or three at a time. I have been reading Anna Karenina for MONTHS during my 30 minute lunch breaks. I hope to finish it by the end of the summer. Then I always have one book I am reading (slooowly) in my bedroom (currently Marley and Me), and one MAIN book that I have to make myself put down (currently the new Georgia). You are not alone!

Also, have you read Neverwhere? I am supposed to read it for my book club but I am afraid it might be to scary for me. Any thoughts?

Tracy said...

Is that by Neil Gaimen? He is a CREEPY writer. Have you read Coraline? That made me have some nightmares...and it was more of a young adult book...eek. My husband says it is cool but weird...not too scary, takes place in London. Let me know what you think.