Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer Reading

So I don't know about the rest of you but this summer I have a list, that grows, of things I want to read before the end of summer. Something about sitting outside near the pool or on your porch, in the park or just in your yard and reading a book is a summer thing. Reading on vacation is even more fun. The hardest part of packing is how many books to take. For me, an airline flight is a good way for me to breeze through a book. So, I have to choose wisely. There are so many books I want to read this summer. I plan to read them...and then write up a little something about them. Of course I have already started reading and listening to things. But, after today I will share my thoughts.

So, yesterday I finished a teen read called ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NOT... by David Larochelle. Steven is trying to pass his driving test, he square dances and he thinks his parents are beyond strange...and he is POSITIVE he's not gay. He spends most of the story trying to deny his sexuality. And...for him it is kind of anticlimactic as no one really seems to care once he is out. It is so funny and cute! I recommend it for all readers. Especially if you didn't have the best memories from high school.

What are you reading? Can you recommend anything?

1 comment:

Liz Laughman said...

HIYA!
Just finished Change of Heart by Jodie Picoult (i know you read it already...) and Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner.
The Jennifer Weiner book kind of it home - it's about the 'troubles" with mother/daughter relationships. Made me smile and sad at the same time.... Worth a read - good chic lit. Not at good as Good in Bed or in Her Shoes, though...i got bored sometimes.

Change of Heart....liked it but still a little too religious for me. She needs to write more about witches ;) haha!