Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Skipping Christmas

So...I haven't read it recently, but today I thought about this book a lot. Many people I know, and maybe even people you know are making themselves nuts this Christmas...I wish people would chill and let things happen, or not happen. Anyway, this book by John Grisham is just that...what happens when two people who normally go all out for Christmas decide they aren't doing ANY of it this year. No presents, no decorations, no parties, no donations, no nothing...instead using their money to go on a cruise. They figure their daughter will be gone and so it isn't really necessary to go all out for just them. Hilarity ensues as their neighbors, friends, co-workers, etc all are upset about their lack of participation. Oh, and for those of you who saw CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS and thought that was it...well, it was an okay movie, but the book is 100 times better (isn't it always that way?). Read it, listen to it and be inspired!! I have to say I laughed hysterically!!

No comments: