Friday, December 26, 2008

Jamie Lee Curtis - Books for kids AND adults


Okay, on Sept 30th Jamie Lee Curtis was on the Rachael Ray show...she was promoting her new book BIG WORDS FOR LITTLE PEOPLE and talking about being 50. I thought it was an incredible interview and she read part of the book! I loved it!! About two months before I had read her book HUMAN RACE and I loved it. It talked about how we are all part of the race and is it a footrace? Are their winners or losers? It was really good and made you think. The illustrations are great as well. Check out her website http://www.jamieleecurtisbooks.com/ and learn more about her books. Well, in the meantime I have been reading her other books.


WHERE DO BALLOONS GO? - a mystery for kids about where balloons go if they loose their grip on one...it takes you to other places, possible outcomes for the balloon and learning about life along the way.


TELL ME AGAIN about the night I was born - A really cute story about an adoption and how the little girl likes to hear the story of how she came into this family over and over again.


I'M GONNA LIKE ME - a book about self esteem...from both a boy and a girl's point of view, liking themselves whether they succeed or fail, not being a afraid to be who they are. I really liked the message of this one because so often even adults are afraid to be themselves. You should be who you are and people will like you (if they don't, they aren't worth your time or worry).


IT'S HARD TO BE FIVE - a cute book about getting older and starting to realize that you're not a kid anymore...you can't grab things and run around in your birthday suit, you are learning things like please and thank you...there are expectations like sitting in a classroom and being a little bit more responsible. Not too much so...just a little more so. It is a fun book for kids going into preschool or kindergarten...and maybe a first manners book as well.


I still have a few more to read...WHEN I WAS LITTLE, TODAY I FEEL SILLY, and BIG WORDS, but I am sure when I do I will like them as much as these!!

No comments: