Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I am still reading...I finished Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins right before I left on vacation. It was recommended by Stephenie Meyer...and so I thought I would give it a try. Very interesting plot, it finished with an open for another book...and this is definitely something I haven't read before. I wasn't sure how I felt about it...the topic that is...but I don't want to give it away. Imagine living in a district where everyone is poor and starving. When you are between 12 and 18 years of age you are put in a drawing and if your name is drawn you compete to the DEATH with several other districts for food for your district. Interesting, huh? Let the games begin!

Also just finished reading A J Jacobs, A Year of Living Biblically...a man decides to try to live the bible as literally as possible. Whether you are a believer or a skeptic...I think you will find this book interesting and amusing...he tries to find as many of the rules and then tries to add them into his life. He does this for 380+ days and this is very hard on his wife and family as well. Definitely read it...and if you haven't already he has also written a book about reading the Encyclopedia Britannica from A to Z...called KNOW IT ALL...it is also very good!

I have started TRUMAN by David McCullough and so far it is incredible! I will add more about it later! Happy Turkey Day!

No comments: