Sunday, November 2, 2008

Such a Pretty Fat

or Why Pie is not the Answer by Jen Lancaster...okay, this is the book a friend of mine recommended...now after reading the first two books I FINALLY got to read this one...and I laughed and commiserated with her. I have been dieting (well I say that, but really I am adapting to a new lifestyle)...for over a year now. I started in May 2007 and between then and May 2008 I lost 50 lbs. I have lost 5 lbs since May and it is now November. I still have 20 lbs to go and this seems even more daunting than the original 50. Of course the holidays are approaching...and while I have found some yummy food in my new lifestyle, there is a part of me that still craves the other food...and sometimes I still have to have it. Jen Lancaster takes you on a journey of a woman who is fine with who she is, but realizes if she wants to live, she needs to be healthier. Her love hate relationship with food, exercise and just trying to find a lifestyle that she can live with is just great...and something I can TOTALLY understand. So, laughing and crying with her through this was perfect for me. I recommend this book for anyone struggling with their weight...or maybe if you aren't but you have a friend that is...maybe this will help you understand their struggle!

No comments: