Saturday, August 9, 2008

What I want my girlfriends to read






So, here are a few books that I want my girlfriends to read. Maybe they will inspire you, or make you feel good, or maybe even just take you away...






1) Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - I know I mentioned this in my top ten...but I still think this is worth the read. The author talks about her experience with a failed marriage, international travel, and finding herself. I think it is perfect for any woman no matter where you are in life. I really enjoyed the book, I confess I listened to it first, then I have gone back to re-read it.


I really think all of you will like it. It will make you laugh and cry!





2) Animal, Mineral, Vegetable by Barbara Kingsolver, et al. - I read this book but was told it was good to listen to as well. This will inspire you...it did me. I wanted to start gardening, purchase locally, and recycle more. If anything, it made me realize that every little bit helps. Her family was involved in this book as well, so that made it very interesting. They go and decide to live off the land and purchase locally. It was an interesting experience for them...and for me as the reader.






3) Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes - This book made me want to travel, more specifically travel to Italy, purchase a house and live in the Italian countryside. It was an incredible experience seeing Italy from the eyes of the author. She also has recipes and some interesting stories about the people who lived around her. It made me want to eat al fresco, drink some good wine, go to an outdoor market to get food and hang out with my friends both old and new.

No comments: