Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Friday Night Knitting Club

By Kate Jacobs...so, last weekend I headed to Seattle once again...on my way there I finished off another JA Jance book...but on my way home I brought something different. I took advantage of our Library's down loadable books and tried this book. Now, I usually don't listen to regular fiction on audio. Most of the time I find the subject matter and the reader to be more lulling than wakeful...and often the content isn't enough to keep me alert on the road. Well, I started the book on the road. And didn't want to quit reading it! When I got home, the NEXT day I was in the Library checking out the book because I couldn't wait to see what happened next. I was blown away by the friendships, relationships and bonds formed by the characters in the book. It made me want to reconnect with old friends and make sure my bonds with new friends were taking off. I wanted to take up knitting...which I am not even sure I have the patience to do...it was incredible! Different people from different walks of life meeting in a Knitting shop and talking about projects and sometimes personal things. The concern for every one's well being made me ache for my girlfriends who live so far away! I can't talk about the book in its entirety or it will spoil the ending and you may not want to know how it ends. Needless to say I will say that I am reading the second book about the characters now...and definitely feel that connection again with the book!

No comments: