Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dead until Dark


By Charlaine Harris...Sookie Stackhouse book 1, So I did start the series...and I plan to read book two soon! But this was interesting...I had already watched the entire first season of TRUE BLOOD and read this book after. Maybe I should do this the other way around. Much of the book/show is similar...although the show tends to add characters and situations that the book didn't have...although the book was full of situations not in the show. I am still undecided as to which I prefer. I think I will have to read the book (book 2) without knowing what is happening...and then see what I think. For a mystery that keeps the plot rolling, adds some vampire fun and some humor...this is a great read. If you aren't into the vampires...I think you may still enjoy it because it says a lot about how people who aren't mainstream are treated here in America. Maybe it will heighten your awareness. Maybe you will agree...the most exciting thing about books is they keep us talking!

2 comments:

PJ said...

I can't make up my mind which I like best either... the show or the books. I hope you continue reading the Sookie series. It's one of the few books I buy new each year the very day it's released.

Tracy said...

I am reading book 2 now and LOVING it!