Sunday, January 4, 2009

Peter and the Shadowthieves

By Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson...read by Jim Dale. Okay, just finished listening to this one today. Started it about 2 weeks ago...didn't get as far as I would have liked. Took it on the road trip to Seattle with me...and made my husband and brother-in-law listen to it with me. Turns out they were interested in it as well. Again...it is a retelling of Peter Pan...or in some cases a completely new telling. I met one of the Darlings in this one!! And...it was just as good as the first one. I have been told to read a couple other retellings of Peter Pan, and I promise to get to them! I am anticipating the third book in this series but probably won't get to it for a little while! I listened to it yesterday and today while cleaning and taking down the Christmas decorations! It definitely helped keep me motivated! I should listen to books more often when I am working around the apartment!

No comments: