Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Eleven, Second Chance and 40 Days to Personal Revolution

So, what a combination of books this time....I should say right away that I lost interest in Second Chance by Jane Green. I have liked a couple of her other books...but I was either not in the mood or bored with the topic...needless to say I made it through about half of the book before I gave it up...


Eleven by Lauren Myracle...a very cute book about a girl growing up, older sister, learning about friendships and friends, who are your true ones and who aren't. LOVED it...thought it was great to recommend to the middle school or grade school age...what is great is there are TWELVE and THIRTEEN as well which I am sure are just as good. However, don't confuse Lauren Myracle's other books...ttfn, ttyl and l8r g8r with the previous books...these are great if you want to learn texting quickly...but are not really intended for all young audiences. EXTREMELY popular with teens...maybe not so popular with parents...and you know how I feel about it...they can read whatever they are interested in, I don't think it will change who they are or what they believe in!


And Finally, 40 Days to Personal Revolution by Baron Baptiste...I am reading this book and re-reading it as I embark on a 40 days of yoga practice at my local gym. I love this book because it takes some of the mysticism out of yoga and relates it to us regular folks without being too out there! I have read it through once...and part of my practice will have me rereading it throughout the next 6 weeks!

No comments: