Monday, February 14, 2011

The Passage

By Justin Cronin...What a book!  I was mesmerized.  Yes, I should not be reading for fun...so I was listening to it on my CD player.  I managed to drive more than I needed to just to listen to the book more.  It was a great mixture of horror and suspense.  I would say it was like The Stand in many ways...but very different in others.  It is a vampire story...it does have religious overtones.  I wasn't sure how I would feel about that...but it wasn't so bad.  This is not a TWILIGHT style vampire story...this is more Resident Evil meets the apocalypse.  The saddest part was that it will be a series...and I have to wait to read (or listen) to more.  However, the book does wrap up okay...there is definitely more to come, but it ends well.  I recommend...but not to the weak of stomach...it can be graphic in places!

No comments: