Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Camel Bookmobile

Yes, I did a lot of reading on my vacation. This one was recommended to me by a co-worker. I loved it. THE CAMEL BOOKMOBILE by Masha Hamilton follows a bright eyed, optimistic librarian as she travels to Africa to help deliver books to tribes in Africa by camel. She meets several people along the way, her friends, she leaves them behind in the states to be concerned about her...she meets Mr. Abasi, the African librarian who wants to enforce the rules and regulations of the library to a group of people who are nomads...and she meets a tribe of people, those who welcome the books and those who do not. This is an incredible story. It is based on a true story but this is a work of fiction. As a librarian, I really loved reading this...and as a reader I enjoyed reliving my joy of reading through the eyes of the characters in this book.

No comments: